I was traveling last week, and look forward to seeing everyone the first day of school.
To get us started, here are a few things that you should know:
ATCs, ACEOs, and Art in Miniature is all about creating small scale works. We will have "trading time" built into each class.
Explorations in Art (6-9 and 9+) will follow the Core Knowledge program. The focus will be on learning:
- Elements and Principles of Art
- Studying the works of Masters
- Comparing & Contrasting great works
- Creating art inspired by the works discussed
- An old shirt to protect your clothes (adult size shirts make great art smocks!). Clay WILL stain your clothes!
Don't want to miss anything from our Virtual Classroom? Be sure to subscribe (link to the right)!
A Note About Web Challenges
Last year I posted weekly web challenges and gave away prizes. This was a lot of fun for me as well as the students. While this year's schedule won't allow for a challenge every week, I will do my best to offer as many as I can. More about this later!